Fall 2023 Funding Update
The Community Health Endowment is required by city statute to achieve inflation-adjustment growth. Due to the unique market condition over the past 12-18 months, the CHE Board of Trustees and staff have worked very closely with our experienced financial consultants to make prudent decisions about grant-making opportunities. As part of this diligence, CHE has developed a plan to preserve the fund for future generations while allowing for CHE to support a limited grant application process in the Fall 2023.
The eligible applicants for the Fall 2023 grant cycle include our Legacy Projects and other existing projects. Eligible applicants have been identified and informed.
CHE will continue to diligently monitor the financial market and is confident that we will return to an open, competitive grant process in the near future. We encourage interested partners to contact CHE with questions or to discuss future grant ideas. Please contact CHE at 402-436-5516 or email Emily Kluver, firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does CHE not fund?
- Individuals through direct financial contributions
- Projects that do not serve the City of Lincoln
- Laboratory or clinical research
- Debt reduction
- Organizations that are not tax-exempt
- Other endowments
- Fundraising events
Ready to Apply?
The Community Health Endowment uses an online application system called Foundant for all grant applications. When CHE announces a funding cycle, interested applicants are encouraged to meet with staff to discuss project ideas prior to completing applications. Please email Emily Kluver at email@example.com to schedule your meeting.
Data Resources for Grant Applications
- Google Maps
- CHE’s Place Matters project
- City Health Dashboard
- City of Lincoln Open Data and Performance Management Portal
- Community Health Needs Assessment Report
- Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department, Health Promotion, Data, and Evaluation
- Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department, Vital Statistics
- Lincoln Public Schools
- Lincoln Vital Signs
- Kids Count Data Center
- Voices for Children
- New Americans Task Force Immigrant and Refugee Survey Report
- Health Equity Coalition Report, Community Voices on the Health of Our City